Coronavirus (COVID19) Information
The Coronavirus (COVID19) Pandemic is currently a serious public health emergency, and in an effort to combat community transmission of COVID19, the City of Lewiston is daily monitoring updates from the Maine Center for Disease Control (CDC), communicating with public health leaders, and actively taking safety measures. This page will be regularly updated with evolving news and information. Social distancing is key to help stop the spread of COVID19.
How To Do City Business From a Distance - Offices Are Closed
- Do City Business Online
- Postal Mail: 27 Pine Street, Lewiston, ME 04240
- E-mail: Staff Directory - http://www.lewistonmaine.gov/directory.aspx
- Telephone: (207) 513-3000
- Drop-Box on Park Street Side of City Hall: Water bills, tax payments, etc.
- FAX Machine: (207) 784-2959
Municipal Closures & Schedule Changes
- Lewiston Public Schools - Closed For the Remainder of the School Year
- Lewiston Public Library - Closed Until Further Notice
- LA CA$H - Closed for Tax Season
- Lewiston Recreation & Seniors Programs - Closed Until Further Notice
- Lewiston Oak Street Bus Station, 111 Bates Street - Closed (Bus Service Still Operating)
- What To Do If You Are Sick & Believe You May Be Infected?
- Maine CDC Health Alert Advisories
- How Does It Spread & High-Risk Geographic Areas
- How to Prepare Your Household
- Tri-County Mental Health Services - Mental Health/Substance Concerns - 1-888-304-4673
- State Crisis Hotline - 1-888-568-1112
What Can You Do to Protect Yourself?
- Watch for symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, and sometimes a sore throat.
- Practice social distancing, to include no social gatherings, no handshakes, no close contact
- Remain 6 feet apart from someone you come in contact with
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer (60% alcohol content)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Stay home while you’re sick
- Wipe shopping cart handles before use
- Evaluate plane travel
Thank you to the Maine CDC for the wealth of information it has provided.