A new albeit somewhat smaller City Hall was soon constructed at a cost of $180,298.40 (including demolition of the remains of the original City Hall.
The corner-stone was laid October 1, 1890. The building was dedicated May 19, 1892, by the G. A. R.
The interior of large hall is 167 x 86 feet and 37 feet high. The floor had a seating capacity of 1800 and the galleries 672.
The building is 160 feet on Park street and 90 feet on Pine. The height from sidewalk to cornice, 60 feet. The height of spire 185 feet. The vane is 17 feet long.
The interior has undergone many renovations over time, and this building still presently serves as the Lewiston City Hall.
This present City Hall was added to the National Historic Register in 1976.