This page is for the Small Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program, made possible by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Community Development Block Grant (CDBG). The purpose of this funding is to provide flexible grants of up to $10,000to approximately 30 Lewiston businesses who have experienced economic hardship due to the October 25th tragedy. The original amount of funding available for the program was $200,000. On December 19, 2023, the City Council voted to increase funding by $100,000 for a total of $300,000 available for both Round 1 and Round 2 funding. With the increase in funding, a second round of funding has been made available to eligible businesses.
Amount of Funding
$10,000 maximum per business with demonstrated costs greater than or equal to the amount requested.
Approved Uses of Funding
Employee payroll costs, replenishment of inventory that was lost, rent, other fixed costs and operating expenses not covered by insurance or other funding. Other costs may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
1. Must be a for-profit business.
2. Must have a physical establishment occupying commercial space within the City of Lewiston.
3. Must have documentable business income loss due to the shelter-in-place order, including business income comparisons and narrative description of impacts.
4. Must register with Sam.gov and provide Unique Entity Identifier (UEI) with application.
5. Must be in good standing with no outstanding tax liens or legal judgements.
6. Must meet CDBG qualifying requirements as described in the Emergency Small Business Assistance Grant Program Guidelines.